- One out of every three home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems.
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious. On average, one of every 31 reported home Christmas tree fires results in a death compared to an average of one death per 144 total reported home fires.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes one in every four Christmas tree fires.
- Two out of five home decoration fires are started by candles.
- One-third of all candle fires start in the bedroom.
*Facts provided by the U.S. Fire Administration